Introduction: Preeclampsia is an important problem in obstetrics because it is a pregnancy complication often found and results in high morbidity and mortality in both mother and baby. Preeclampsia is one of the complications of pregnancy that needs to be detected or monitored for symptoms, because in addition to being risky for the mother, it will also have an impact on the occurrence of preterm birth and even further impact, namely fetal death in the womb. This study aimed to determine the effectiveness of CRP and leukocyte examination to detect preeclampsia.
Method: This research was conducted at the Jagir Health Center Surabaya in March-July 2022. The research used case control with 30 pregnant women as samples divided into 15 as a control group of normal pregnant women and 15 pregnant women with preeclampsia.
Result: The results showed that of the 15 respondents who had preeclampsia more than half (60%) had high leukocyte and CRP levels, the remaining less than half (40%) had normal CRP and leukocyte levels. While in the control group more than half (67%) had normal CRP and leukocyte levels and less than half (33%) had normal CRP and leukocyte levels. The results of data analysis showed p value 0.001 (<0.005), which means there is a relationship between the CRP and leukocytes on the incidence of preeclampsia.
Conclusion: Examination of CRP levels and leukocyte count proved effective for detecting the incidence of preeclampsia in pregnant women. It is expected that pregnant women carry out routine pregnancy checks and health workers are expected to routinely carry out early detection to prevent pregnancy complications such as preeclampsia